We are closing out the year with a selection enjoyable and memorable stories from 2020. Happy New Year!
Caltrans has begun studying several ways to improve safety along a nearly 5-mile stretch of the narrow and winding Arroyo Seco Parkway (110 Freeway), including lowering the speed limit to 45 miles per hour and reducing the parkway to two lanes in each direction.
Jamie Tijerina, a scientist and community activist, has joined school board president Mónica García and former state senator Kevin de León in the race to replace José Huízar on the City Council next year
Case in point is the former Echo Fuels, aka Magic Gas, the Echo Park gas station that closed without warning in September and has remained vacant. Since then, the gas station at the corner of Echo Park and Morton avenue has become a convenient parking lot for customers of the coffee house…
What part of Silver Lake will get stuck with a digital billboard? Ban Billboard Blight (h/t Curbed LA)Glendale councilman says 710 Freeway tunnel opponents need to make more noise. News PressWhat happened to Sonny, the Echo Park cat? Chicken CornerAtwater buzzing over night-time helicopters.…
City offers $50,000 reward in the fatal shooting of a teenager in Boyle Heights. Council District 14Anti-710 Freeway tunnel group holds “semi-celebration” today in Glassell Park. EGP NewsA year in Northeast LA crime statistics. Echo Park NowKe$ha vs Echo Park music snobs. Pop & HissHigh-…
- City to look at buying Caltrans homes | New Atwater Village landmark | Garvanza project meets with opposition
- Cypress Park intersection could be named after actress from 'Grease'
- 15-year-old boy goes missing in East LA
- On Line-Jumping, Shame, and Those Damn Misused Codes
- Incredible Highland Park Modern
- Eastsider Poll: Are you ready to send your kids back to the classroom?
- LA vaccine supplies on the rise, but so are new daily cases
- Eastside residents will have a better shot at getting vaccinated under new program
- Lincoln Heights high school senior is a candidate for the U.S. Presidential Scholar Program
- A bear in Eagle Rock?
- Popular Highland Park middle school teacher dies
- City to start negotiating takeover of vacant Caltrans homes in El Sereno
- One dead, two wounded in Cypress Park weekend shooting
- Glassell Park shooting leaves one dead, one injured
- Rehab in the works for Silver Lake's historic Tokio Florist property
- Old contractor building in Atwater Village heads toward landmark status
- A tent city has become part of the landscape and art of Echo Park
- World War II era public housing in El Sereno to make way for 185 new apartments
- Dreamy Spanish Highland Park Bungalow
News and messages from our sponsors