An Echo Park bungalow court threatened with demolition has been nominated as a historic landmark. A rendering has been released for a new East Hollywood housing project. And Councilman Gil Cedillo wants the city to look into leasing a Lincoln Heights building to house the homeless.
A pedestrian bridge may one day link Solano Canyon and Los Angeles State Historic Park. A developer wants to increase the size of a planned Lincoln Heights residential project by 100 units. Musician Mark Ronson is asking $5.4 million for his 5-bedroom Los Feliz house with pool.
Solano Canyon -- Some of the picnic tables outside an Elysian Park recreation center were off limits to the public over the busy Labor Day holiday after a large tree fell outside the center.
Solano Canyon -- A fire scorched about a half acre of brush near the Arroyo Seco Parkway (110 Freeway) Tuesday night before it was extinguished, said the L.A. Fire Department.
SOLANO CANYON -- A brush fire scorched about one-acre of Elysian Park near the Arroyo Seco Parkway (110 Freeway) this afternoon before it was knocked down by ground crews and water-dropping helicopters.
It’s been nearly seven years since millions of dollars was put into a fund to pay for improvements across Elysian Park. Now, after years of delays and meetings, city officials have finally selected the projects to be funded, among them the first dog park in Elysian Park and a big expansion o…
- Shop plastic free in Highland Park | Best Eastside bagels | Giant tortillas in Boyle Heights
- $775k Los Feliz condo; $899k Silver Lake townhouse; & $1.59 million Atwater Village 2-house compound
- Lincoln Heights men arrested in connection with San Marino burglary
- L.A. winter storm slow in arriving
- Confusion over homeless notices; Dodgers ripped off; Baxter Street challenge
- Coffee grounds and AC water help a Highland Park cafe garden grow
- Cello concert in Echo Park | Virtual Highland Park Tour | Darkwave Synth Comedy & more weekend events
- A car-free Red Car Pedestrian Bridge to open this month across the L.A. River
- Judge approves closure of St. Vincent Medical Center
- Homeless advocates challenge encampment removal at Echo Park Lake
- Griffith Park hiker dies after suffering heart attack
- Police search underway in Highland Park
- LAPD releases details of Boyle Heights shooting that left officer wounded
- Highland Park shooting victim was a 15-year-old boy
- Silver Lake producer wraps up his web series - the LGBTQ lives of 'EastSiders'
- Montecito Heights bobcat pays a backyard visit
- Highland Park cat vs coyotes
News and messages from our sponsors