Welcome to the Daily Digest, featuring the latest content from TheEastsiderLA.com.
The news about Silver Lake's Paramour Estate hitting the market at $40 million was our most popular story last week. If you want to hear more about the estate's history, give a listen to our reporter Barry Lank during an interview with KCRW's Madeleine Brand.
Now, on to Wednesday's news and info.
Jesús Sanchez, Publisher
• Got a story idea or photo to share? Submit it here.
• Support Community News: Contribute today to The Eastsider
Here's what to expect at the Dodger season home opener
Fans return to Dodger Stadium on Friday for a familiar tradition that will be adapted to our pandemic times. Capacity will be limited; only credit or debit cards will be accepted in the ballpark; and, of course, you will have to wear a face mask. Details in The Eastsider.
Anyone up for a vegan Dodgerberry Shake?
With the season opener back on, here are what some Echo Park bars and restaurants near the stadium are doing to celebrate opening day.
One person was killed on the 5 Freeway near Atwater Village
The deadly crash took place on the northbound 5 near Glendale Boulevard, reports The Eastsider.
Did someone forward you our newsletter?
News From Our Sponsors
Sponsored by LACFEPS
Sponsored by Stronghold Climbing Gym
Climbing Summer Camp, Youth Rec Team
Sign-ups are now open for Climbing Summer Camp at the Stronghold Climbing Gym!
We will be climbing, bouldering, tie-dying, crafting, and learning all kinds of new skills for the vertical world. Camp is geared to climbers ages 6-14. Camp begins the week of June 14, and runs 9 AM - 3 PM weekdays.
• Vaccinations: A COVID vaccination clinic for families of Lincoln High students opened on the campus as LA Unified prepares to resume limited classroom instruction starting next week. The clinic at the Lincoln Heights school is expected to administer 2,000 doses a week, said CBS2.
• Safer Crossings: New rapid flashing pedestrian beacons are being dedicated this week in Glassell Park and Highland Park, according to office of Councilmember Gil Cedillo. The beacons will be turned on at Avenue 35 and Eagle Rock Boulevard; Avenue 41 and Eagle Rock Boulevard and Avenue 60 and Figueroa Street in Highland Park.
• Text-only classified ads run for 3 consecutive days in the Morning and Evening editions of the Daily Digest.
• $19.99 for up to 25 words or $34.99 for up to 50 words
• April 7: Maru Garcia: membrane tensions
• April 8: Intro to Acrylic with Riley Storm
Support Local News
The Eastsider provides free access to its breaking news and neighborhood features, including extensive coverage of COVID-19, as a community service. To keep our stories available to all during these difficult times, we need your support. Go here to contribute.